Dawn of Defiance (Roll20)
XP and Other Rules
This list will be updated with miscellaneous rules as they become needed.
- XP is player-based, not character based. However, backup characters or “alts” are always one level below the main character.
- If a character dies, the player reverts to the beginning of the prior level. Thus if a 10th level character dies, the alt (or resurrected character) begins at the start of level 9.
- The exception would be using Player Points to cancel a level-loss.
- XP is also participation-based. If a player basically sits in a corner or otherwise CHOOSES not to participate in a combat, puzzle or activity while the others in the party are, they get less than the others. It doesn’t seem fair to us to grant equal XP for unequal effort. If the player or character has no choice – i.e. knocked out or held – that is another matter.
- Flanking bonuses and invisibility. Invisible characters don’t grant flanking bonuses or effects to another, since the attacked target isn’t distracted between two foes. The invisible PC still gets a bonus for being invisible, and the target is flat-footed as usual. To the visible partner, however, there is no benefit.